Call for Curators
Open call to exhibit an original project at our space in Trafalgar 53, Barcelona, beginning November 2021. The selected curator will receive a grant of 5,500€, as well as the support of our in-house curatorial team.
Who can participate?
Individual curators or curatorial collectives of any age and nationality. Each participant or collective may only submit a single proposal.
Total grant of 5,500€
- 1,000€ for curator fees
- 4,500€ for everything else — artist fees, production, shipping, installation, insurance, etc.
How to Apply
hola at dilalica dot com
Proposals can be sent via email until May 28 at 23:59 (GMT + 1h). Proposals can be written in either Catalan, Spanish or English. Attach a single pdf file taking care to include:
- Your name(s) and surname(s) *
- Copy of an identity document *
- CV of no more than two pages long *
- Exhibition proposal no longer than 3,000 characters including spaces
- List of works/artists, including images where possible. Maximum 1,500 characters with spaces for each work/artist
- Technical requirements
- Estimated budget
- Proposal for parallel activities
- Proposal on the floor plan
* of all members, if applying as a collective.
- Be original and unpublished
- Include more than one artist
- Be gender balanced
- Include works by at least one artist connected to Barcelona’s cultural context
- Be innovative
- Be viable and considerate of our physical venue
Submitted proposals will be assessed by three independent arts professionals.
- Gloria Picazo, critic and curator
- Sergio Rubira, critic, professor and curator
- Lucía C. Pino, artist
Dilalica will attend the deliberations but will be recused from voting.
- Deadline for project submission May 28 at 23:59 (GMT + 1h)
- The selected project will be announced via email on June 30
- Production in concert with Dilalica from September to November
- Exhibition in Dilalica, Barcelona, from November 2021
The selected curator or curatorial team agrees to/that:
- Develop the project within the timeframe stipulated and, should we request it, participate in a public presentation — in person or online depending on COVID’s evolution.
- Grant Dilalica the rights to document and publish images and information of the project. Dilalica will acknowledge the curator’s authorship and observe their moral rights over the project.
- Most of the works exhibited will be commercially available for, at minimum, the duration of the exhibition. Dilalica will establish sales agreements with each of the artists during the production process.
- By sending in your proposal to the call you accept these terms.
hola at dilalica dot com